The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation of how we collect, retain and use your personal information. Oxford International Song Festival is the trading name of Oxford Lieder, which is a Registered Charity, No. 1111458.
Oxford International Song Festival is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we retain and how we use it. Using personal information enables us to offer you a better service when purchasing tickets, and providing you with relevant and timely information about Oxford International Song Festival’s activities. As a registered charity, this information also helps us to engage with existing and potential donors which is vital to support our work. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
We obtain your personal information when you contact us, join our mailing list, join a membership scheme, make a donation or purchase a ticket or item from our shop. We do not receive any information about you by any other means including from any third parties.
From time to time we may receive information from individuals – for example, an existing supporter might recommend that we contact a friend of theirs who they feel would be interested in our work.
What Information we collect
We collect personal data as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). This may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment card details (stored in a PCI compliant manner)
- IP (Internet protocol) address
- Photographic or video footage of audience members
- Specific access requirements requested by an individual at ticket booking
- Donations and ticket purchases
How we use this information
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information you have requested about Oxford International Song Festival’s events
- to process payment details if you purchase a ticket or items from our shop
- to contact you regarding events you have booked, for example in case of an artist cancellation or to request feedback about your concert experience
- if you have requested to be on our email and/or postal mailing lists we will send you information about Oxford International Song Festival’s activities which we believe will be of interest to you. You always have the option to opt out at a later date
- if you no longer wish to receive news from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by either by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided at the bottom of all our e-newsletters or letting us know using the contact details at the end of this policy
- to contact you about your support of Oxford International Song Festival and inform you of opportunities to support our work
- to process payment details if you make a donation
- for administration purposes e.g. to administer donations, Gift Aid and payments
- to plan future activities and to further our charitable aims
- we may analyse data we hold about you to better understand our audience in order to tailor our marketing activities, inform our future programming, and develop our supporter base
- we may analyse how you use our website in order to improve your experience
- occasionally we may add to our records held about you using publically available information
If you would prefer us not to use your information for the above purposes, you can amend your preferences at any time by contacting us using the details given at the end of this policy.
Sharing your information
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your data to third parties, except in circumstances when it is necessary for us to do so in order to provide a service that you have requested or to comply with the law. These are as follows:
- Where we need to provide your information to our service providers who process data on our behalf and according to our instructions. Examples of the services include (but are not limited to):
- our mailing house who deliver our postal mailings
- the ticketing provider Spektrix which process all website payments, donations and ticket purchases, and by extension, DotDigital & Opayo as subprocessors of selected information. See more detail here.
- We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or as expressly permitted under the DPA.
Protecting your personal information
- We maintain appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information secure, accurate and as up to date as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
- Your personal details are retained on our database via Spektrix. More information here.
Debit and Credit Card Payments
- We strongly discourage you from sharing your credit or debit card details in any written form, including by e-mail. Please note that should you choose to share your card details with us in this way, we cannot accept liability for its interception and misuse by third parties.
Maintaining your personal information
- We will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to comply with legal obligations.
- If you purchase a ticket or other product from us we will typically keep your data for up to ten years unless you request us not to do so.
- If you have made a donation to Oxford International Song Festival, we may keep a record of your donation indefinitely in order to verify the source of our donation income. We also want to be able to acknowledge your prior support should you choose to come back to us in the future.
- If you would like to object to our storing and processing your data, you can do so at any point by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy.
Right of access and Information Accuracy
- You can request a copy of the information we hold about you at any time, using the contact details at the end of this policy
- If your personal information changes, for example if you move house, please inform us so we can keep your details accurate and up to date.
- Oxford International Song Festival may ask you to correct information we hold which we believe to be inaccurate. Similarly, you may ask us to remove information that is inaccurate.
- If you would like to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority, you can do so by contacting The Information Commissioner’s Office: www.ico.org.uk.
- ‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information stored on the hard drive of a user’s computer which contain information about the user. The information is used to track a visitor’s use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- Oxford International Song Festival may store information about your user preferences (e.g. preferred text size) using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access devices) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. We do this to help enhance your interaction with our web site.
- If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
- If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your computer in future, you may do so by referring to your internet browser’s instructions. You can do this by clicking on the ‘Help’ menu. Please note, however, that if you disable our cookies you may not be able to access certain areas of our site.
- Cookies are also used by embedded 3rd party services. Disabling cookies for these 3rd party providers may prevent you from accessing essential parts of this website. At present this includes, but is not limited to:
- Google Analytics to help us track website activity
- YouTube to display embedded video
- Issuu to display embedded festival brochures
- Spektrix for online ticket sales
- Please be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
If you no longer require our services or do not want us to contact you, please let us know by post or by email.
Postal address: Oxford International Song Festival, 37 Fairacres Road, Oxford, OX4 1TH
Email address: [email protected]
Changes to this policy