71. Ailish Tynan: Hark, Hark! The Lark
19 October 2021, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
This uplifting programme based on birdsong is full of surprises! The wonderful soprano Ailish Tynan sings songs by Schubert, Grieg, Handel, Judith Weir and others, with pianist Libby Burgess. Between groups of songs, recorder player Ian Wilson, a renowned soloist and chamber musician, punctuates the programme with birdsong quotes and references that echo around the building.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Ailish performing Schubert at the Wigmore hall
This event is an in-person and livestreamed event. Livestreamed performances will be available to watch live in our Digital Concert Hall at the advertised performance time and will be available to watch again and on demand until the end of November.
Want to watch this concert in person and at home? 'Hybrid' tickets, valid both in person and for the Digital Concert Hall, are also available for an additional £3 to the in-person price.
All our seating is unreserved. This means you are guaranteed a seat in your chosen area, but not a specific seat. In order to allow for social distancing, you will be seated as an individual or as a group, based on the number of tickets you booked for this concert.
For groups of more than 10, please phone or email the box office to book your tickets.
The performance duration is approximately 1 hour and there will be no interval.
TICKETS AND PASSES
(Online bookings only)
Book five or more concerts at the same time: 5% discount
Book ten or more concerts at the same time: 10% discount
Book fifteen or more concerts at the same time: 15% discount
For even further discounts click here for more information on our Festival Passes.
Tickets for both in-person and the Digital Concert Hall will be issued as eTickets by default. Printed tickets are available on request, for an additional fee.
Due to COVID-19 we have to do things a little differently this year. In order to keep everyone safe, our seating and concert conditions are subject to change in line with changing government guidance.
For more information about our COVID-19 safety measures, please click here.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of the concert, please do not attend, but get in touch with our box office to arrange a refund.
- Frank Bridge (1879 - 1941)
- So early in the morning, O (1918)
- Samuel Barber (1910 - 1981)
- The Crucifixion (1953) Op. 29 from Hermit Songs
- Daniel Goode
- The Thrush from Upper Dunakyn
- Ernest Chausson (1855 - 1899)
- Le Colibri (1880) Op. 2 no.7
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828)
- Ständchen (1827) D920
- Skylark, Bullfinch, Parrot from The Bird Fancier's Delight
- Roger Quilter (1877 - 1953)
- Ye banks and braes
- Kenneth MacLeod
- Eala of leon
- Handel (1685 - 1759)
- Ye Verdant Plains... Hush Ye Pretty Warbling Choirs from Acis and Galatea
- Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924)
- En sourdine (1891) Op. 58 no.2 from Cinq Mélodies «de Venise»
- Hugo Wolf (1860 - 1903)
- Ganymed (1891) no.50 from Goethe-Lieder
- Olivier Messiaen (1908 - 1992)
- Vocalise (1910) Op. 34 no.14 1910-1912
- Gustav Mahler (1860 - 1911)
- Ablösung im Sommer (1887) no.11 1887-1891 from Lieder und Gesänge aus der Jugendzeit
- Judith Weir (1954)
- Fish Bird
- Hanns Martin Linde
- Music for a Bird
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828)
- Die Taubenpost (1828) D965a from Schwanengesang
- Tom Lehrer (1928)
- Poisoning Pigeons in the Park
08 October 2021 | 10:00am