47. Birgid Steinberger, Julius Drake: Schubert & the Sounds of Vienna
23 October 2022, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Birgid Steinberger makes an overdue and very welcome return to the Festival, with pianist Julius Drake, for this programme of songs influenced by the many styles of music that surrounded Schubert in his native Vienna. Hummable popular tunes, humble street buskers (perhaps grinding a mournful hurdy-gurdy), working songs, harvest songs and other styles of music-making all find their way into Schubert’s works in remarkable ways. See also Event 49.
All our seating is unreserved; please arrive in good time to take your seat. For groups of more than 10, please phone or email the box office to book your tickets.
The event duration is approximately 1 hour and there will be no interval.
TICKETS AND PASSES
(Online bookings only)
Book five or more concerts at the same time: 5% discount
Book ten or more concerts at the same time: 10% discount
Book fifteen or more concerts at the same time: 15% discount
For even further discounts click here for more information on our Festival Passes.
Tickets will be issued as eTickets by default. Printed tickets are available on request, for an additional fee.
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828)
- Das Wandern (1823) from Die schöne Müllerin
- An den Mond D259
- Ständchen ('Horch, horch! die Lerch') (1826) D889
- Schlaflied ‘Schlummerlied’ (1817) D527
- Der Lindenbaum (1827) from Winterreise
- An Silvia (1826) D891
- Lied - Ins stille Land (1816) D403a/b
- Ständchen D957d from Schwanengesang
- Die Forelle (1817) D550
- An mein Klavier (1816) D342
- Wiegenlied (1816) D498
- Litanei auf des Fest Allerseelen (1816) D343
- Seligkeit (1816) D433
- Heidenröslein (1815) D257
- Trinklied (1813) D75
14 October 2022 | 11:00am