72. Fenlon & Fenlon
28 October 2022, 9:30pm - 10:30pm
Rachel Fenlon has been a trailblazer in the revival of the self-accompanied recital, performing ambitious and innovative programmes around the world. She gives the last of this mini-series within the Festival, accompanying herself in songs by Debussy, Berg, Alma Mahler and George Crumb.
All seating within each ticket price band is unreserved; please arrive in good time to take your seat. For groups of more than 10, please phone or email the box office to book your tickets.
The event duration is approximately 1 hour and there will be no interval.
TICKETS AND PASSES
(Online bookings only)
Book five or more concerts at the same time: 5% discount
Book ten or more concerts at the same time: 10% discount
Book fifteen or more concerts at the same time: 15% discount
For even further discounts click here for more information on our Festival Passes.
Tickets will be issued as eTickets by default. Printed tickets are available on request, for an additional fee
- Alban Berg (1885 - 1935)
- Sieben frühe Lieder (1907)
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
- Des pas sur la neige (from Préludes Book I)
- Gustav Mahler (1860 - 1911)
- Ich atmet’ einen linden Duft (1901) from Rückert-Lieder
- Die zwei blauen Augen von meinem Schatz (1897) 1883-1885 from Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Alma Mahler (Schindler-Mahler) (1879 - 1964)
- Die stille Stadt (1910) from Fünf Lieder (Mahler, Alma)
- In meines Vaters Garten (1910) from Fünf Lieder (Mahler, Alma)
- Laue Sommernacht (1910) from Fünf Lieder (Mahler, Alma)
- Bei dir ist es traut (1910) from Fünf Lieder (Mahler, Alma)
- George Crumb (1929 - 2022)
- Apparition (1979)
- I. The Night in Silence Under Many a Star
- Vocalise I. Summer Sounds
- II. When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd
- III. Dark Mother Always Gliding Near with Soft Feet
- Vocalise II. Invocation
- IV. Approach Strong Deliveress!
- Vocalise III. Death Carol
- V. Come Lovely and Soothing Death
- VI. The Night in Silence Under Many a Star
14 October 2022 | 11:00am