102. Mastercourse Recital
23 October 2021, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
The sixteen students who have been studying intensively across this week present their final concert, with a programme that is selected and introduced by course leader Joan Rodgers. This concert is always a highlight of the Festival. Those who have followed the students across the week will enjoy seeing their progress and in-depth learning. Equally, those who hear them for the first time will be in for a treat with a wide range of repertoire and superb performances by some of the stars of tomorrow.
This event is an in-person and livestreamed event. Livestreamed performances will be available to watch live in our Digital Concert Hall at the advertised performance time and will be available to watch again and on demand until the end of November.
Want to watch this concert in person and at home? 'Hybrid' tickets, valid both in person and for the Digital Concert Hall, are also available for an additional £3 to the in-person price.
All our seating is unreserved. This means you are guaranteed a seat in your chosen area, but not a specific seat. In order to allow for social distancing, you will be seated as an individual or as a group, based on the number of tickets you booked for this concert.
For groups of more than 10, please phone or email the box office to book your tickets.
The performance duration is approximately 2 hours and there will be no interval.
TICKETS AND PASSES
(Online bookings only)
Book five or more concerts at the same time: 5% discount
Book ten or more concerts at the same time: 10% discount
Book fifteen or more concerts at the same time: 15% discount
For even further discounts click here for more information on our Festival Passes.
Tickets for both in-person and the Digital Concert Hall will be issued as eTickets by default. Printed tickets are available on request, for an additional fee.
Due to COVID-19 we have to do things a little differently this year. In order to keep everyone safe, our seating and concert conditions are subject to change in line with changing government guidance.
For more information about our COVID-19 safety measures, please click here.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of the concert, please do not attend, but get in touch with our box office to arrange a refund.
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828)
- Fischerweise (1826) D881
- Lied eines Schiffers an die Dioskuren (1826) D360
- Trockne Blumen (1823) from Die schöne Müllerin
- Lili Boulanger (1893 - 1918)
- Un poète disait (1914) from Clairières dans le ciel
- Deux ancolies (1914) from Clairières dans le ciel
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
- Apparition (1884) L53
- Clara Schumann (1819 - 1896)
- Lorelei (1843)
- Die stille Lotosblume (1844) Op. 13 no.6 from Sechs Lieder
- Franz Liszt (1811 - 1886)
- Die Loreley (1841) S273
- Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976)
- Sonetto XXXVIII (1942) Op. 22 no.5 from Seven Sonnets of Michaelangelo
- Sonetto XXXII (1942) Op. 22 no.6 from Seven Sonnets of Michaelangelo
- Gustav Mahler (1860 - 1911)
- Wenn mein Schatz Hochzeit macht (1897) 1883-1885 from Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Ich hab’ ein glühend Messer (1897) 1883-1885 from Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen
- Hugo Wolf (1860 - 1903)
- Der Tambour (1888) No.5 from Mörike-Lieder
- Der Gärtner (1888) No.17 21–23.i.1851 from Mörike-Lieder
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844 - 1908)
- Ne veter, veja s vysoty (1897) Op. 43 no.2
- Iskandar / Mochtar Embut (1934 - 1973)
- Kisah Mawar di Malam Hari (1953)
- Frank Bridge (1879 - 1941)
- Love went a-riding (1914) H 114
- Erich Korngold (1897 - 1957)
- Was du mir bist? Op. 22 no.1 from Drei Lieder
- Giacomo Puccini (1858 - 1924)
- Morire? (1917)
- Meirion Williams (1901 - 1976)
- Gwynfyd (1935)
- Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937)
- Le cygne (1906) from Histoires naturelles
- Amy Beach (1867 - 1944)
- Come, ah come! (1902) Op. 48 no.1
- Sergei Rachmaninov (1873 - 1943)
- Jeshchjo v poljakh belejet sneg, 'Spring waters' (1896) Op. 14 no.11 from Twelve Romances
- Jake Heggie (1961)
- Animal Passion (1997) from Natural Selection
- Erik Satie (1866 - 1925)
- La diva de l’empire (1904)
08 October 2021 | 10:00am